Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mobile Banking Jump

In the fourth quarter of last year mobile banking jumped by an astounding 54 percent. many people, myself included, synced their various accounts to mobile devices during the holiday season. 11 million people are using a mobile app. 8 million are using text messages, and lastly 19 million use the built in browser. This feature is quite convenient and allows many people to access things conveniently. data costs, speeds, and security are still large issues though.

9 comments:

  1. I agree. I have done the same for both my banks and my credit cards. Followed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its so convenient though, I really don't think security is an issue, barring you leave your phone somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I could use a mobile app, I just wouldn't feel secure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mobile Bank new for me... '-'
    *misinformed*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree its extremely useful. Now I know when im being screwed over by the banks :D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is very aesthetically pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might bank on my phone if I buy a smartphone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my phone is too old for this. :| it'll definitely be convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember reading an article that stated mobile banking almost bankrupted a few banks back before the internet was a huge success. Apparently they invested to much time and money and it flopped until now.

    ReplyDelete